The Office of Water Programs offers fifteen online courses based on portions of several manuals. These courses provide an excellent option for continuing operators in need of additional coursework. Because each course presents material on a particular aspect of a water or wastewater system, operators can concentrate their studies on the subject areas related directly to their jobs.
Students will complete all coursework online in addition to using a companion course content CD. The final exam is completed online, allowing for instant grade results. Upon successful completion of the final exam, students will earn 1.8 CEUs for each completed course.
Please be sure you can meet the System Requirements that will allow you to complete the course online.Small Water System, based on Small Water System Operation and Maintenance
- 702B—Wells, based on chapter 3
- 702C—Treatment Plants, based on chapter 4
- 702D—Disinfection and Water Sources, based on
chapters 2 and 5
- 702E—Water Rates and Safety, based on chapters 6 and 8
- 702F—Laboratory, based on chapters 1 and 7
- 703A—Safety, based on chapters 1 and 7
- 703B—Facilities, based on chapter 2 and 3
- 703C—Water Quality and Disinfection, based on chapter 4 and 6
- 703D—Operation and Maintenance, based on chapter 5
- 703E—System Administration, based on chapter 8
- 601A—Facilities and Pretreatment, based on chapters 1 ,2, 3, and 4
- 601B—Sedimentation and Flotation, based on chapter 5
- 601C—Fixed Film Biological Treatment Processes, based on chapters 6 and 7
- 601D—Suspended Growth Biological Treatment Processes, based on chapters 8 and 9
- 601E—Disinfection, based on chapter 10
The Office of Water Programs offers three distance learning courses based on the California Stormwater Quality Association's (CASQA)
Best Management Practice Handbooks. These courses provide an opportunity for those seeking continuing education for license recertification or additional specialized coursework. These courses have been approved as operator training courses by the California Water Environment Association (CWEA), and by certification boards in more than 20 states.
Students will complete the courses using the CASQA BMP Handbook and a study guide on CD. The final exam is completed online, allowing for instant grade results. Upon successful completion of the final exam, students will earn 2 CEUs for each completed course.